Massawa Climate & Temperature
- Massawa, Eritrea is at 15°37'N, 39°27'E, 10 m (33 ft). See map.
- Massawa has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Massawa is situated in or near the tropical thorn woodland biome.
- The average annual temperature is 29 degrees Celsius (84.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10 °C (18°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 183.3 mm (7.2 inches) which is equivalent to 183.3 Litres/m² (4.5 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Massawa you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Hao, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Massawa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Massawa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Massawa Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Massawa, Eritrea Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Arbaat, Sudan - 537.6 kms (334.1 miles) NNW
- Port Sudan, Sudan - 500.5 kms (311 miles) NNW
- Toker, Sudan - 362.5 kms (225.3 miles) NNW
- Aqiq, Sudan - 320.6 kms (199.2 miles) NNW
- Aroma, Sudan - 354 kms (220 miles) W
- Kassala, Sudan - 327.2 kms (203.3 miles) W
- Halfa El Gedida, Sudan - 413.9 kms (257.2 miles) W
- Asmara, Eritrea - 68.1 kms (42.3 miles) WSW
- El Showak, Sudan - 414.7 kms (257.7 miles) WSW
- Gedaref/ Azaza, Sudan - 469.6 kms (291.8 miles) WSW
- Gonder, Ethiopia - 406 kms (252.3 miles) SSW